UpSkill Digital: Learning journeys customized to small business needs
Business owners use a self-assessment tool to identify digitization areas that could have the most impact and to find related content and tools.
Why this program?
Why this program?
- Going digital can be overwhelming. There are so many tools available and it can be hard to know where to start—bookkeeping, inventory management, marketing?
- This program helps business owners identify which areas of digitalization could have the most impact, and connects them with the tools most suited to their business type and stage.
- This program is designed to support small business owners to digitalize and build resilience to future economic shocks by offering bite-sized, interactive training content on a range of relevant topics.
Lack of relevant knowledge and skills is a major factor limiting the adoption of digital tools by small businesses—and not only in emerging markets. Even business owners in countries with higher levels of overall digitalization have knowledge and skills gaps that are a barrier to growing their enterprises. In the EU, over 90% of small businesses consider themselves lagging behind in digital innovation, and 76% of EU business owners think they need to improve digital skills. Meanwhile small businesses that were using digital tools at an advanced level reported 60% higher earnings, and created 3 times more jobs during the pandemic.
This program seeks to support small business owners in Ireland, Poland, France, and Chile to digitalize their businesses. With support from Strive Community, UpSkill Digital is creating personalized learning journeys and an AI-driven peer Learning Experience Platform (LXP) that will guide small business owners to the most relevant content and tools for them. It will offer:
- An optional “digital compass”: A data-driven short quiz will ask users about their business, identify the areas of digitalization that could have the most impact, and serve personalized learning and action journeys geared towards helping business owners to go digital in the identified areas.
- Tailored learning journeys: A simple single sign on (SSO) registration process will enable learners to create personalized playlists of multi-channel self-serve content and pick up where they left off. The platform is data-driven, and will serve registered users with content tailored to their preferences.
- Content: Learning journeys will consist of high-quality content curated from reputable sources, as well as new videos and podcasts that will be created by UpSkill Digital to plug gaps in available material. Unregistered users will be able to browse and access content using filters to select topics by theme or asset type (e.g., video, podcast, blog).
- Peer learning: Business owners will be able to join peer discussion areas to exchange learnings and ideas with others.
- Live sessions hosted by peers and digital experts: Live webinars will take on platforms small businesses already use, such as Instagram Live and Facebook Live.
About UpSkill Digital:
UpSkill Digital is on a mission to provide world-class learning solutions that equip those in need with the skills, confidence, and pathways to success. The company develops human-centered course content, experiential learning programs, and events for organizations looking to empower people and stimulate local economies.
Share this article